Monday, December 17, 2012

The Easiest and Quickest Beanie You'll Ever Make

So, I love to make beanies, because you can wear them all of the time, and I think it's kind of cool when people look at you with amazement and say, "You made that?!" and you can just be like, "Yeah, it was easy..."

So this is an easy beanie I designed really quickly and made because my teacher asked me to make her one to send to someone she knows, and since it's near the holidays, I didn't really have the time to go all out (in other words, I didn't have time to look for an actual pattern) so I just made a simple one, and I figured, "Hey, why don't I post this?" ... so I am :)

This is the first pattern I've actually written down, so please be kind.




Materials:
  • Any worsted yarn will do just fine (In case you were wondering, mine is done in Red Heart Super Saver the color Shaded Dusk.) You'll need less than a skein.
  • I/9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook (or whatever size you wish to obtain the gauge you wish)
  • Yarn Needle (to weave in ends)
Note:
  • Beginning chains on rounds do not count as a stitch.

Chain 4

Round 1: 12 dc in the first chain. Join by slip stitching into first dc.

Round 2: Ch 3. 2 dc in each stitch around. Join by slip stitching into first dc.

Round 3: Ch 3. (2 dc in first stitch, 1 dc in next stitch) repeat until end of round. Join by slip stitching into first dc.

Round 4: Ch 3. (2 dc in first stitch, 1 dc in the next 2 stitches) repeat until end of round. Join by slip stitching into first dc.

Round 5: Ch 3. (2dc in first stitch, 1 dc in the next 3 stitches) repeat until end of round. Join by slip stitching into first dc.

This is where I stopped increasing, however, I have a fairly smallish sized head, and if you need to make your beanie a little larger, just simply continue one or two more rounds in this pattern, adding one more dc between each increase in each succeeding round: 4 for the next round, 5 for the one after that, and so on, until the hat is large enough to fit your head.

Round 6: Ch 3. dc in each stitch around. Join by slip stitching into first dc.

Rounds 7-13: Repeat round 6

This is the amount of "round 6 repeats" I needed, however, by the end of these repeats, the hat should just touch your ears. Adjust the number of rows to fit your head. Just make sure that it reaches the top of your head.

Round 14: Ch 3. (Fpdc in the first stitch, Dpdc in the next stitch) repeat until the end of the round. Join by slip stitching into the first dc as if you were doing a front post.

Here's a video on how to do the front and back post double crochet stitches.


Rounds 15-16: Repeat round 14

Again, this is just the amount of rows I needed in my hat. The hat should cover the ears , and if not, just add more rows until it does.

Round 17 (optional): Ch 1. Reverse sc in each stitch around. Join by slip stitching into the first sc.

Here's a video on how to reverse single crochet



This is just a little extra touch I added to my hat (mostly because I wanted it to be a little longer, but not as long as a whole double crochet).

Finish off and weave in your ends!

And Done!

Hope it works out for you and you like the pattern! :)

Happy Crocheting!



No comments:

Post a Comment